https://i0.wp.com/euflegt.gov.gy/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/pre-jmrc-aid-memoire-october-2022.png?fit=1594%2C1233&ssl=1 1233 1594 Tanika Jones https://euflegt.gov.gy/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/logo-guyana-eu-flegt-vpa-300x138.png Tanika Jones2022-10-27 14:27:002023-02-17 15:48:34Second Meeting of the Pre-JMRC
Second Meeting of the Pre-JMRC
- The Pre-Joint Monitoring and Review Committee (Pre-JMRC) was convened on 27 October 2022 in Georgetown, Guyana. This second meeting of the Pre-JMRC of the Guyana European Union Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Voluntary Partnership Agreement (YPA), was chaired by the Hon. Vickram Bharrat, Minister of Natural Resources of Guyana, and the Ambassador of the European Union (EU) to Guyana, Rene van Nes represented by Mr. Joan Nadal Sastre, Head of Cooperation of the European Union Delegation to Guyana. A list of participants is present in Annex I.
- This Pre-JMRC was preceded by technical sessions held on 25 and 26 October between the EU and Guyana (hereinafter called ‘the Parties’), and with the participation of the VPA stakeholders. The content and conclusions of these technical sessions are captured in this Aide Mémoire.
- The Parties committed to making public this Aide Memoire and the presentations made at the technical sessions.
- Mr. Joan Nadal Sastre, Head of Cooperation of the European Union Delegation to Guyana, representing Ambassador Rene van Nes, and Hon. Minister Bharrat welcomed all present and delivered opening remarks.
- The Parties agreed on the Agenda of the meeting and on the drafting of this Aid Memoire of the second Pre-JMRC.
Aide Mémoire, October 27, 2022 | Download