- The Pre-Joint Monitoring and Review Committee (Pre-JMRC) was convened on 10 March 2022 in Georgetown, Guyana. This first meeting of the Pre-JMRC of the Guyana-EU Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Voluntary Partnership Agreement (VPA), was chaired by the Hon. Vickram Bharrat, Minister of Natural Resources of Guyana, and the Ambassador of the European Union to Guyana, Fernando Ponz Cantó. A list of participants is presented in Annex I.
- This Pre-JMRC was preceded by technical sessions held on 8 and 9 March between the EU and Guyana (hereinafter called ‘the Parties’), and with the participation of the VPA stakeholders. The content of these technical sessions is captured in this Aide Mémoire.
- The Parties agreed to this Aide Mémoire and committed to making public the presentations made at the technical sessions, this Aide Mémoire, the Joint Implementation Framework (JIF), and a joint press release following the conclusion of the Pre-JMRC.
Aide Mémoire, March 10, 2022 | Download
1. Updated Joint Implementation Framework (JIF) | Download
2. Comments on the VPA by the Indigenous Peoples Organisations of Guyana | Download
3. Comments on the VPA by the Forest Products Association and Guyana Manufacturing & Services Association Ltd | Download
4. Comments on the VPA by Conservation International – Guyana, WWF-Guianas and the Iwokrama International Center for Rainforest Conservation and Development | Download
5. Proposal for an EU Deforestation Regulation | Download
6. AFD EU FLEGT Programme | Download
7. EFITAP Guyana | Download
8. FLEGT Secretariat Capacity Assessment | Download